Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Grand Re-Opening!

My Dear Friends,
ave butterflies in my stomach. I am giddy with anticipation. With great excitement, I invite you to visit my new website and web journal. It seems as if my every extra moment over the course of several months has been devoted to this project. Countless hours and endless creative energy...and yet, all worth the effort.
have spend the past two years defining my own style as a photographer. In many ways, it has been a journey in discovering who I am as person. It has brought me back to my original love for film photography. In the end, I have found that my unique style as a photographer has everything to do with the things that matter most in life. It is real, it is natural. It is filled with tenderness and romance. It is soft and genuine. It is fine art.
Having said all this, it is was so very important to have a business brand that reflects my style. Thus, my re-branding project began! I started by making a list of the things that inspire me, and one of the predominant items on this list was the art of hand lettering...calligraphy. I believe this has much to do with my grandmother's faithfulness to handwritten letters. Isn't this part of an era that has almost passed us by?
I commissioned a true artist, Monica, from A Bit of Ink, to hand draw my new logo. Beautiful, yes? I then began the process of custom web design, through the talented team at BigFolio. Here is a link to the the final design:
Gina Leigh Photography
I am most excited to unveil A Pen for Pearl. A Pen for Pearl is a diary of sorts. A photography journal. It is dedicated to my grandmother, Gloria Pearl, in honor of her faithfulness to handwritten letters and her love for the beautiful things in life. I do hope that her legacy will carry on as I begin my next journey of corresponding with you daily...taking note especially of the loveliness that surrounds us!
A Pen for Pearl
I would love to hear from you! This project is very near to my heart, and it would make me so happy to know what you think. Please be sure to subscribe to A Pen for Pearl, and visit me often!
Many, many blessings,
Gina
logo

My Dear Friends,

I can only begin to express my delight and excitement! Today, I am unveiling my new web journal, A Pen for Pearl, and my new website. It seems as if my every extra moment over the course of several months has been devoted to this project. Countless hours and endless amounts creative energy...and yet, all worth the effort.

I have spend the past two years defining my own style as a photographer. In many ways, it has been a journey in discovering who I am as a person. It has brought me back to my original love for film photography. In the end, I have found that my unique style as a photographer has everything to do with the things that matter most in life. It is real, it is natural. It is filled with tenderness and romance. It is soft and genuine. It is fine art.

Having said all this, it is important to have a business brand that reflects my style. My re-branding project began by making a list of the things that inspire me, and one of the predominant items on this list was the art of hand lettering...calligraphy. I believe this has much to do with my grandmother's faithfulness to handwritten letters. Isn't this part of an era that has almost passed us by?

I commissioned a true artist, Monica, from A Bit of Ink, to hand draw my new logo. Beautiful, yes? I then began the process of custom web design, through the amazingly talented team at BigFolio. Here is a link to the the final design:


What is A Pen for Pearl? It is a diary of sorts. A photography journal. It is dedicated to my grandmother, Gloria Pearl, in honor of her faithfulness to handwritten letters and her love for the beautiful things in life. I hope that her legacy will carry on as I begin my next journey of corresponding with you daily...taking note especially of the loveliness that surrounds us!

I would love to hear from you! Please take a moment to leave me a comment on A Pen for Pearl. This project is very near to my heart, and it would make me so happy to know what you think. Also, please be sure to subscribe to A Pen for Pearl, and visit me often!

Many, many blessings,
Gina

2 comments:

Vuttikrai Saechue said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in composing this article. I am going for the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your fanciful writing abilities has prompted me to start my own blog now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
Adidas clothing reviews

Annie said...

I was just reading through the blogs since I'm new here and want to see what the rest are writing about, so I happened to read your blog. Honestly... I've never wanted to get married, but these pictures have ispired me. Now I'm thinking... "Why not, maybe just once" :)

It is great!